If Only...

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Taking a fingernail to the nostril: My son keeps poking me in the face

You know how sometimes your kid does something that you don't want them to do, but they're not technically doing anything wrong, so you kind of just let it slide? Well, apparently they're learning to identify parts of the face at my son's preschool. Hey, fine by me; I'm just happy they're taking the initiative to actually teach the kids as opposed to just babysitting them for 9 hours.

The problem is, my son has brought this new knowledge home, and with too much enthusiasm. So we're on the floor, playing and laughing, and he suddenly yells "Nose!" while proceeding to jam his index finger two knuckles deep in my left nostril.

Or, let's put it this way...Does anyone remember the wrestler Mick Foley? And how his finishing move involved hooking his fingers into the bottom of his opponent's mouth? Yeah, my son does that. He says "Mouf" and I find myself trying to simultaneously tap out and dig my gum tissue out from under his nails.

I suppose it could be worse. He doesn't seem to have learned "eye" yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment