If Only...

Monday, February 7, 2011

Post exchange: Insert dog-related pun here

Sorry, but saying "8PP is going to the dogs" seemed way too easy. Something about me possibly catching fleas? No? Eh, I'll come up with something good as soon as I hit the publish button. That's the way it always works.

Anyway, I want off by revealing something a little personal and embarrassing (but in a cute way.) As those who know me in real life can attest, I love aquariums, and my husband and I have been keeping many for years now. One of the things he does to crack me up is to provide dialogue for our fish's "conversations", often with different voices and accents based on the fish's appearance. (At one point, we had a french rainbow shark, and a puffer with a lisp.)

That was why I had to laugh out loud when I stumbled across Fluffy's Day Off. It's a blog written by a stay-at-home shih-tzu. Alongside complaints about cats are lamentations about getting fat and needing a bath. It's very cute stuff.

Also, my son is at the age where he has major puppy love. This weekend we visited a greyhound rescue event, and the workers complimented us on his good manners and general easiness around dogs. (He got really happy and giggly when two greyhounds besieged his face with kisses.) Then, at our friends' Super Bowl party last night, he made fast buddies with their 6-month-old pitbull puppy. (Despite breed stereotypes, staffordshire terriers are great with kids, so long as they're introduced at an early age.)

So when I find blogs like Fluffy's Day Off, I can't help but think how much fun it will be in a few months when my son will be entertained via stories narrated by a doggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment