If Only...

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pageants don't have to be stupid.

First off, let me apologize for the sporadic posting schedule lately.  I have a couple of big posts on the backburner that I'm saving for when I have the time and (emotional) energy to write about them.

That being said, I just wanted to do a little blurb today thanking and endorsing the All American Girl & Boy Pageant.  Their local team has been so friendly and supportive in helping me prepare my son for his first pageant this Saturday, and I really believe they are a good group of folks.

Even though they stress that they are a "natural" (not "glitz") pageant, I was really worried about what I would be up against this weekend.  A look at their website reassured me.  The pictures were of adorable children in age-appropriate clothes, little or no make-up, genuine gap-toothed smiles to the camera.

The mission statement was just as good:  "Our pageant believes that children should look like children. All clothing should be age appropriate. We do not believe in artificial tanning, fake hair and excessive makeup! We believe that pageants should be fun and inexpensive! We like our contestants to look natural and to be themselves."

A world of difference from nightmares like you see on "Toddlers & Tiaras".

I'm getting really excited for Saturday, and I'm hoping the experience lives up to my expectations.  But, sink or swim, celebration or disaster, rest assured that I'll be updating you about it next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment