If Only...

Sunday, January 16, 2011

The fluidity of time based on day of the week.


This is going to be more of a blurb, really, but this is something my family struggles with, and I wonder if it's an issue for other parents out there, as well.

My husband and I have to be at work by 7:15 and 7:30 every weekday, respectively. This is compounded by the fact that we have to get my son ready and out the door also, and his daycare doesn't open until 7:00. Nevertheless, we have our routine down to a tee, (honestly, I could give the exact time at which I brush my hair, my teeth, put on make-up, etc.), and we are very rarely either of us late to work.

On Sunday, all we have to do is roll out of bed and get to church by 9:00. Now, despite what the image would have you believe, our church actually meets in a movie theater and is very casual; I dress up a lot less for church than I do for work. Also, our church is very close to where we live, actually about the exact same distance as we are from our work. We also don't have to get my son's diaper bag so packed, since he only stays in the nursery for about an hour during service.

Despite all this, we are almost always running late to church, week after week. Does anyone know why this happens?

Uh-oh. Took too long posting. Gotta run.

No comments:

Post a Comment