If Only...

Thursday, January 13, 2011

To cut, or not to cut...

My husband and I are having a bit of a parenting disagreement as to something pertaining to our son's...hygiene. I think the way it is now looks messy and stays too dirty. His dad wants to just let it be natural and not cut it.

What? No, I'm not getting into the circumcision debate. I'm talking about his hair. His gorgeous, downy, blonde (really, yellow) baby hair is getting a bit too shaggy for my tastes, and I really want to take him to get his first haircut.

My husband thinks it's cute, and that babies are supposed to look messy. My point is that he's a year-and-a-half, more toddler than baby, and is starting to rock a Joe Dirt-esque mullet.

So, what do you think? Is 18 months too early or too late for baby's first haircut?

Oh, and as for the whole circumcision thing...We had that done in the hospital when he was born, and the only thing the nurse asked me about it was whether or not I would allow them to use a topical analgesic to numb the area. I agreed, not just to minimize my baby's pain, but because my male relatives assured me that they would tell him when he was older if I didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment