If Only...

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Who are you reading?

One of the many things that's a lot of fun about writing a blog is that you get to read a lot of other, better, blogs and pretend you're doing research, and not just killing time. The following are some of the best ones I've found in my scouring of the internet's murky waters.

http://nolongerquivering.com Vyckie Garrison, along with others with similar experiences, writes a heartbreakingly hopeful (and often very funny) blog of her time in, and eventual escape from an abusive Christian cult. Her strength and insight is amazing, and I can't begin to fathom the number of hours I've spent poring over hers and other women's stories. This lady is simply amazing, and any time I feel overwhelmed with my one kid (well, two, if you count hubby), I just remind myself that whatever I'm going through, Vyckie Garrison is doing it seven times over.

http://www.easy-kids-recipes.com/kid-cooking-blog.html I love this blog full of easy recipes intended for kids. Not that my son's old enough to help in the kitchen, or that he's a picky eater. It's just that I'm such an awful cook that I can only manage things intended for gradeschoolers (and even then I still have to ask my husband to turn on the oven for me).

http://www.thenewfrugalmom.com/ Okay, so I'm not a spendthrift, but I'm not exactly "frugal" either. (It's more that, I typically care so little about material things, on the rare occassion when I find something I really want, I don't mind splurging a little.) And I hate most "frugal living" blogs because their authors are insane. (No, I will not be unravelling my two-ply toilet paper, thank you.) But this blog actually has really cool tips on where to get good deals, not just recommendations to resole old shoes with leather from dead pets. (Seriously, some of those frugal bloggers are crazy.)

If you've got any great blog recommendations for me, hook'em up in the comments, or on our Facebook page. I read like the Tasmanian Devil with hyper-literacy, so I can promise you I'll check 'em out.

No comments:

Post a Comment